Increased net sales and growth but with short-term setbacks
As is the case for the major automotive manufacturers, many smaller manufacturers are also facing difficulties relating to the supply of various types of components. A manufacturing system which until now has put emphasis on keeping inventory levels at a minimum only aggravates the vulnerability. Our customers are signaling that their order books are full – but are nevertheless forced to postpone manufacturing. For our part, the impact of this is MSEK 13 of postponed deliveries during the second quarter.
The short-term setbacks arising from component shortages notwithstanding, our customers’ order books are full, and sales of electrified vehicles are increasing.
The second quarter 2022 in brief
· Net sales increased to MSEK 24.1 (17.6)
· Order intake decreased to MSEK 0.0 (92.4)
· Operating costs for personnel, other external charges and depreciation increased to MSEK -24.8 (-19.4)
· Operating income amounted to MSEK -16.4 (-12.3)
· Net profit or loss amounted to MSEK -18.8 (-13.4)
· Cash flow from operating activities amounted to MSEK -19.5 (-4.2)
First half of 2022
· Net sales increased to MSEK 48.3 (32.2)
· Order intake decreased to MSEK 8.5 (115.1)
· Operating costs for personnel, other external charges and depreciation increased to MSEK -45.6 (-38.4)
· Operating income amounted to MSEK -29.9 (-27.4)
· Net profit or loss amounted to MSEK -32.5 (-29.2)
· Cash flow from operating activities amounted to MSEK -38.2 (-23.9)
Events after the end of the period
In July 2022, a new rights issue of 10,000,000 shares was carried out, providing the Company MSEK 8.0 before issuance costs. The issue was carried out at the average share price of the transaction date. The Board of Directors is authorized to carry out additional issues totaling 62,831,995 shares.
An agreement on a bridging loan has today been entered into with Pegroco Invest AB. The bridging loan is MSEK 5. Pegroco has the right to convert the loan into shares in an inpending issue.
This disclosure contains information that Alelion Energy Systems AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU nr 596/2014). The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, on 16-08-2022 08:30 CET.